Monday, January 2, 2017

Soul Bonded by Ann & Brown



I received this book for an honest review through a Goodreads community post.

Soul Bonded is the first book in the Tales of Dark Legacy Series.

I will admit that it took me a bit of time to get into this book.  I can't say whether it was from the things going on in my own life that kept me from reading it faster, or if I couldn't get into the plot. Either way, it took me way longer than I should have to read and post this review.

Morganna is the type of woman I love to read about. She's an independent, self-controlled badass. Who doesn't love a woman who can smile, kill some nasty bad vamps, take a shower, and then get a good night sleep? I know I do.  Her life has been that of a clean-up crew for her clan and alliances.  She has a reputation in name alone. She stays to that shadows in order to do her job.

A strong of incidents are causing Morganna to face memories she would rather leave forgotten. And to add to it, she has to work with the very person she has played clean-up after for several years.

Taz is amazed he gets paired up to work on a new case that gets him back out into the field. What he didn't realize is that it is with the woman he met and could never shake. He was even more amazed when he realized that she is the daughter of his father's closest friend, who failed to mention that she's the infamous Morgan.

The story is a combination of a couple of things. First, it's a story between the relationship of Morgan and Taz. Their stubbornness and passion is fun to watch unfold on the pages.  Second, it's the setting up of a series. There are passages and sections about the political structure of the clans, etc. I have no doubt, this will be important as more books release in this series.

I enjoyed reading reading this book. If you like vampires, a deeper world to explore, and some romance and action thrown in, then you should like this book.

~AG

Disclaimer: This book is not suitable for everyone. Adult content throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment